Saturday 21 January 2012

The Job Experience

There I was feeling sorry for myself  as everything that could go wrong, went wrong (I hate computers, push the wrong button and you've had it, and what's more....if you don't know what you did to mess it up, how can you fix the stupid problem, computers are a nightmare on the best of days) when suddenly I came across this great music video or should I say story video. It was so good, I watched it twice. 

It's fresh, clean and very well executed, in my humble opinion. Well, no need to write an article on it, as it speaks for itself.  Why not sit back and take a look.

This video tackles the same thorny subject as the biblical book of Job. How does God allow bad things to happen to good people? 

With the prosperity gospel so rampant nowadays, this is a hot and timely topic. 

Let me know what you think.



Mali Music - The Job Experience [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] from Anthony Brooks on Vimeo.



The Job Experience
Director: Adam Tillman-Young
Producer: Shalonda Cornitcher
DP: Jeff Waldon
Post/Effects: Anthony Brooks and Bekah Baik


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. Very thought provoking.

    I think the artist has done a good job of bringing the message of the book of Job up to the present day.

    A lot of majority church 'christianity' seems to communicate that God serves us, rather than us serving him. That, as we go about our business, he should be there to bless us and grant us success.

    But this is selfish.

    What if God should put our faith to the test and not play along? What if he allowed his followers to go through hard times?

    How many people would still follow him if there wasn't something in it for them? And how many others would accuse that person of not being 'blessed' any more? Of being a failure somehow? Just like Job's comforters.

    Each of us needs to ask ourselves the question - in the shoes of this guy, what would you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I couldn't of put it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this song is well... As an atheist it confirms my own non-belief. Why I cannot honestly entertain the concept of a biblical god. As a believer I suppose it would support this whole "god's plan" and "god works in mysterious ways" thing. I've never understood those concepts either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who told us things will be easy?

    Have any of us, humans, when born, got a paper signed by someone UP there (supposing it is UP), to make sure it all would be sewing and singing?

    What you say about computers is right! Also, to learn to write cuneiform should have been difficult, I presume!

    I do not know what to think about Religion, but I do know it was as good a cohesive as eggs are in dough. Maybe the Book of Job was a mistake, a human mistake, since I do not know how God thinks and I am pretty sure nobody does, so that sentence: 'how come that God allows bad things to happen to good people?' is... how can I tell you this: too human!!

    I am not in the mystery of a celestial plan either!! Again it is a human explanation. And while we stay around trying to explain human and Nature evil as the result of a "human" God desire, we will get not a comprehensive answer.

    God, if alive, is not human, so why things are as they are? Because WE are as we are, and Nature is as it is, I cannot add God in this equation, except as a big X which you can give the value you think best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Untony

      Had to look up the word 'cuneiform', I'm sure I mastered this at the age of 6 (joke) comes in very handy for my shopping lists in clay tablets, heavier than the shopping to carry around though :) Thanks Untony.

      Delete
    2. Thank YOU Rum!

      I deserve the chiding about 'cuneiform'! I should try and find better examples... promise to work at it! :)

      Delete
  5. Mali Music.....have you heard 'Betta'?....Question is: What if you hurt? What if you cry? What if it doesn't work the first time you try?.....will you still trust?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to speak your mind but please keep it respectful.
Disrespect will be happily deleted.
Thanks for posting!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

hostgator coupons